Re: [gopher] Hello Gopher Project

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:01 PM, Mateusz Viste <mateusz@viste.fr> wrote:
About markdown: I am not sure that multiplication of gopher types is a good thing, as it's already somewhat a mess right now. The main question would be probably to know what are the benefits of markdown? If I understood correctly, it's a text format that brings simplistic 'rich' content with a set of font styles. As you noted, some people (me included) are using html on gopher, which already provides such capabilities. It also allows to use links, and embed images (does markdown allow this?). html is supported by virtually anything nowadays, that provides some graphical rendering... So I am not convinced markdown support would bring any significant improvements to gopher. Nonetheless, I'll listen to other's arguments with much interest.

How do you do this specifically?

The only viable Browser client I know of is Firefox with Overbite.

It's the the sheer lack of "Browser" support for Gopher that
I would say Markdown rendering has a place in the context
of new/improved clients (e.g: The update Kevin made for
Overbite for Android).

cheers
James