Re: [gopher] Running a MUD, was: Re: cgod - a new prototype gopher daemon

Of course Evennia, which is built on Python can do all that.  They have an in-
game command to demonstrate it: "@irc2chan" and "@rss2chan".  Which can turn a
regular in-game chat channel into either a connected IRC client or RSS feed
reader.  Python is very powerful when it comes to talking with the outside
world, and Python is in no way crippled when it comes to Evennia.

Creating a Gopher client object using my Python gopherlib module was actually
a plan of mine for awhile.  I wanted to create an in-game Gopher client as a
chat channel, so that group Gopher surfing could be possible and create a basic
gopher client on a virtual Amiga or Atari.

And as for exposing the game world to the outside world by say a Gopher
server, the Evennia world database is stored in a popular format, any Database
that Python supports Evennia can store it's world data on.  So, creating
either a stand-alone Gopher server or creating a "mole" will be easy peasie.
The mole or stand-alone server only needs to know how to connect and query the
SQL server.