Re: [gopher] cgod - a new prototype gopher daemon

I agree with you guys on this Slack thing... like, what is Slack is attacked by some hackers and then all your company data and files are stolen? How can you, the consumer of this Slack product be assured that proper security is in place on their end. We're all seeing what's happening to all these big companies like Sony and Target.

On the note about technology from 20 years ago... Who'd be up for running an old fashioned MUD with me? I'd love to recreate the original MUD experience, but I never had the chance to play those original MUDs, I was only 10 and Internet/BBS connections were only for the rich kids. The MU*'s I'm seeing/playing nowadays are mostly just people using them like an IRC chat, socializing rather than actually playing a text-based online game. Any thoughts opinions on this one? We could call it, wait for it.... GopherMUD! It doesn't HAVE to be gopher related/themed, or even be named that. I'm totally up for theme and name discussions. Although it should be in the fantasy genre, as the original MUDs were.

Matthew Holevinski <eylusion@gmail.com> wrote:

http://www.programmableweb.com/api/slack

Ya I'm with Kim, I too basically hate everything invented in the last 20 years, that slack thing looks ridiculous.
It seems to me everything since the dawn of the technological revolution has been nothing but a drain on resources, ripe with inefficiencies, and dedicated towards a complete awe-inspiring lack of productivity. For those of you in sysadmin jobs, looking at how much worthless email your employee's send to one another can probably vouch for that last statement. What happened to smoking in your office, sending faxes, making phone calls and banging secretaries with a glass of scotch in your hand, THAT'S how work got done.

Matt