Re: [gopher] [Gopher Clients]: Chrome Extension

> Does anyone know any details about what's broken about the Google Chrome
> Extension and what work needs to be done to it? I would be interested in
> having a go
> if I knew what was wrong with it :)

(You don't need to cc me, I read this list.)

The chief problem was the major change in permissions and the manifest with
Chrome 24. It may not be complex to fix, but I don't use Chrome personally
for philosophical reasons, and it became more of a headache to maintain
especially since I never used it (and I have a somewhat solid rule not to
maintain software packages I don't use myself).

Realistically it should be rewritten anyway. There are now apparently ways
to get a raw TCP socket in Chrome with appropriate permissions, and that
would be much better than the hacky proxy forwarding method it uses now.

-- Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. -- Napoleon Bonaparte ---------