Re: [gopher] Hello Gopher Project

> Relatedly, is there a way to specify character encoding? This conversation
> has reminded me that being limited to ASCII < 128 (effectively) is really
> not fun.

There is no way to specify character encoding, no. I've seen some sites
that used Big5 for Chinese encoding and you basically had to use a client
that was aware of it or could switch to it.

I think it's reasonable to assume most clients can handle at least
ISO-8859-1. UTF-8 might be okay as a base assumption as well since it
"degrades gracefully."