[gopher] gopher proxies

I would like to suggest a means grande gopher site, a way of controling access through the proxies.

with http we have the robots.txt file, and the gopher proxies have one such file, but as the individual gopher sites are presenteted as pages beloning to proxy site, we have to kindly ask the manageres of those pages to include out pages there to limited access from roaming web crawler bots.

We need a standalized way of placing a .robots.txt file in the root of out site, and say once a week, month such a file would be automatical incorperated into the robots.txt on the proxy site, so we need a simple parse, and a set of rules as to just how many linies we can have in that file.

at the same time, we could need some way of getting a bit header infomation also, useragent string is the one we need for this, if just the proxy site would transmite the useragent of every 50th access by the means of a sperat access to a comon select with the useragent appeded by the means of the web get hack.

Say access to proxy?useragent=<bingbot,googlebot, fake german search enginen etc etc>

Could all be done over the caps.txt file, by means or robot= lines and the webget argument could be pass to that file also.

--
Jacob Dahl Pind | telefisk.org | fidonet 2:230/38.8