Re: [gopher] Gopher Live Stream Demonstration

On 27 Aug 2012, at 13:17, Iain Learmonth <irl@sdf.org> wrote:

> Firewalls were changed.
>
> Official location for the Room 205 webcam is: gopher://aucs.co/g/room205/webcam.pyg
>
> I still need to fix the colour palettes though.
>
> Iain.

http://room205.org/live.php -> change view -> high quality

will show you a high quality MJPEG stream, but it is heavy on bandwidth.

The low quality version is what the GIF is transcoded from.

This is all using the method I talked about on my blog earlier this month.

http://irl.unixcab.org/blog/2012/08/20/streaming-video-over-gopher.html
gopher://sdf.org/0/users/irl/blog/2012-08-20-streaming-video-over-gopher.md

It's a shame there has to be two transcodings, maybe a feature request could be made to the ffmpeg people for animated gif output support in ffserver?

Iain.