Re: [gopher] Gopher Live Stream Demonstration

On 20/08/12 03:21, Wolfgang Faust wrote:
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:20 PM, Wolfgang Faust<wolfgangmcq@gmail.com>  wrote:
On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 9:11 PM, Iain R. Learmonth<irl@sdf.org>  wrote:
Gopher has an item type for GIF. I wonder if GIFs can be streamed. That would work maybe.
GIFs can be animated, though you might run into some trouble if the
number of frames is defined in the header.
I'm not sure how GIFs work, but I don't see a reason why I couldn't specify an arbitrarily large number of frames if I do have to define one.
Clearly real-time animated gifs can be done:
http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/utclock.html
The only question is, how?
Urk! Nevermind, that clock stops after 21 ticks. Hmmm....
I should have read this email before getting excited about the last one.