Re: [gopher] Overbyte Plugin don't works on Chrome 18.0.1025.168 m

On 2012-05-09, Damien Carol wrote:

> No that's the std version. Downloaded today.

Here I have:
Google Chrome	19.0.1084.30 (Official Build 132762) beta

> I just downloaded install pack (Win32),
> go to floodgap overbyte plugin page.
> clicked on plugin-link
> restarted chrome

Same here, installed the extension from Floodgap, "Overbite Chrome
1.0.3".

> but gopher url don't do it !

I tried entering a gopher URL in the location bar, which was redirected
to Google Web Search.

Then I suddenly remembered there was once an issue where Overbite was
able to follow gopher links in webpages, but that, due to the way
Chrome/Chromium handles "unknown" protocols, Overbite could not
intercept gopher URLs in the location bar.

Either Cameron could not get a workaround in place back then, or
whatever magic he used broke again.

Just try navigating to a web page with a gopher link, such as
http://gopher.floodgap.com/ -- the "gopher.floodgap.com" is a gopher
link. Does it work?

For some context, check Chromium bug 30840:

Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)
gopher://sdf-eu.org/1/users/njsg
http://njsg.sdf-eu.org/