Re: [gopher] Updated Gopher RFC

I am not really a fan of such brutal connexion closing...
It's what HTTP/1.0 do (or HTTP/1.1 with connection: close header).

The nice thing about the dot is that it provides a very easy information to the client - whether or not the menu has been completely transferred. And this requires very minimal logic into the client.
Then, the problem is that clients are now discarding such dot, because there are servers out there that don't apply to the RFC, and just close the connection without any warning...

Mateusz