Re: [gopher] Why do you use gopher?

> > I collect and mess about with old Sinclair Spectrum computers (zilog Z80
> > microcomputers) and a guy's designed an ethernet board with hardware TCP
> > stack for it. Gopher is ideal for it because there's not much ram so
>
> Whoa! Stop the presses!
>
> Alistair, is this a product or kit that will work with the Timex
> Sinclairs? I've got a few of those and I've been looking for an external
> keyboard on eBay. I found one of the good ones but didn't expect to be
> outbidded on it (That was a real bummer).

You mean the T/S 1000 or the T/S 2068? The 2068 is the not-quite-compatible
Spectrum derivative; the 1000 is essentially an NTSC ZX-81.

In Commodore 64-land we have RRNet and ip6502 (and a BASIC extension in the
form of Kipper BASIC). Others are using hardware TCP stacks too such as
Comet64 and the Lantronix UDS-10 series.

-- Roger Waters to moving crew: "Hey! Careful with those racks, Eugene!" ------