Re: [gopher] filename extensions

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

I'm mirroring the Interactive Fiction Archive at gopher.feedle.net and
have a problem for which I cannot find an answer.  There are a lot of
files in the archive and so I have a single gophermap file listing the
root of the archive.  Below that there are no gophermap files.  Some files
have their extensions removed, particularly .txt, .zip, and .tar.gz.  How
can I make sure that extensions aren't truncated?  Is the only solution to
write a script to digest the Master-Index.xml file to emit gophermap files
for each and every subdirectory?

What's your server software? I don't know of any that truncates the extension
like that.

I'm using pygopherd. Digging around I found the answer in /etc/pygopherd.conf. Pretty dumb of me not to notice it.

Now I have a new problem: gripes seem to go nowhere. I don't see any trace of them in the email logs of the sending or receiving servers.

--
David Griffith
dave@661.org