Re: [gopher] helsinki -> uppsala (gopher.floodgap.com)

> Sounds like great news to me Cameron. Nice upgrade on the server btw! What
> sort of linux is powering it? Yellow Dog? Debian?

It's AIX, actually. I've had AIX experience since 3.2.5 and it's what I
trust for enterprise systems (which is why I ponied up for a POWER box).
stockholm, the Apple Network Server it is (also) replacing, runs AIX 4.

Linux on Power has always been spotty, unfortunately. Back in the day YDL
was the way to go, but even IBM's kind of given up on Linux on their Power
machines (it's a different story on x86, of course). RHEL is still offered
as a BTO option, and is certainly more economical, but it's mostly as an
afterthought now.

-- Roger Waters to moving crew: "Hey! Careful with that box, Eugene!" ---------