Re: [gopher] A Gopher noob and endless questions. ;-)

On Apr 8, 2010, at 4:28 AM 4/8/10, Kim Holviala wrote:

On 7.4.2010 22:19, Mike Hebel wrote:

SSL (not TLS) is actually really simple with any inetd-compatible
server; just run the daemon with stunnel instead of inetd. Done.

So how does Gopher deal with that? How does the client recognize there's
a gopher protocol in the SSL stream?

The server doesn't know it's SSL - stunnel converts a secured connection into an unsecured one and vice versa. That's pretty much the idea of stunnel - convert any existing service into SSL one.

Yeah I got that after a bit. See other post calling myself a bonehead. ;-)
--
Mike

"All we wanna do is eat your brains! We're not unreasonable, I mean no one's gonna eat your eyes." - Re: Brains, Jonathan Coultan