[gopher] Re: New Gopher server and client

> > I'm beginning to think we'll need some reference implementations for ASK
> > forms. Maybe I'll move that up in the Overbite/Bucktooth development cycle.
>
> That would be great. Gopher+ is so much better than original Gopher
> and I don't know why it isn't more popular. There are clients with
> plus support for all the platforms, but servers, even if they support
> plus, don't really use it. Perhaps Bucktooth could change that :-)

Well, I guess it brings back the old question of whither Gopher+. I think
it has potential, but I am also sympathetic to the position that it's too
much like HTTP. It *is* certainly a heavier protocol than the glorious
simplicity of standard Gopher.

-- Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off. -