Re: [gopher] Gophermap question

2009/11/26 Cameron Kaiser <spectre@floodgap.com>:

>> > You'd have to modify the client, actually.
>>
>> I think in the RFC for Gopher 2.0 the last item type listed should be
>> "none of the above"...
>
> Like a wildcard item type that corresponds to whatever the client is
> instructed to do with it? I'm not opposed to that, as long as people
> agree on a de facto standard.

Yes, that is exactly what I'm suggesting, it would allow gopher to
cope with the kind of developments that original creators of gopher
probably did not even dream of. Now we just need for "people" to agree
on a de facto standard.and the developers to implement it

--
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your

gopher://sdf.lonestar.org/1/users/happy