Re: [gopher] Gophermap question

> >> Does anybody know of a way of including an SSH link in a gophermap (or
> >> even if it's possible)?
> >
> > Nope, not possible.
> >
> > ...unless you use just a classic "URL" link using something
> > like "hURL:ssh://login@server". Obviously, you will have to configure
> > your gopher client to use your ssh client for ssh:// urls...
> > But if you ask for a "standard" way to do that, then no, not possible.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > Mateusz
> >
> That seem to work with OverbiteFF but not the UMN gopher client (it
> tries to open it as a web page).

This really wasn't something that was part of the notation when John came
up with it originally. hURL->web page works fine if the destination is
HTTP anyway, and it's somewhat seamless if it's FTP, but it breaks down
rapidly for other protocols.

-- If I can have honesty, it's easier to overlook mistakes. -- Kirk, Star Trek