Re: [gopher] Gopher-powered Hangman game!

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 12:03 AM, Mateusz Viste
<mateusz@viste-family.net> wrote:
> Hi people!
>
> I have added a localisation module to my Gopher-powered Hangman game.
> However, I would need some help to translate messages from the game into
> other languages...
>
> Currently, I need the following versions of program's strings:
>  - Dutch,
>  - German,
>  - Hungarian.

I know you didn't ask for it but I'll give you Spanish in case you
want it at a later point ;)

> The strings to translate are the following:
>
> LangString(1) = ">> THE GOPHER-POWERED HANGMAN GAME <<"
">> EL JUEGO DEL AHORCADO PARA GOPHER <<"

> LangString(2) = "Hidden word:"
"Palabra oculta:"

> LangString(3) = "Choose a letter:"
"Elige una letra:"

> LangString(4) = "Letter"
"Letra"

> LangString(5) = ""   ' (if the letter should be BEFORE the word "letter")
Nothing here I guess

> LangString(6) = "YOU LOST! The gopher hanged you..."
"¡HAS PERDIDO! El gopher te ha ahorcado..." (I guess you don't want to
translate gopher as the animal here :P)

> LangString(7) = "The word you was searching for was"
"La palabra que buscabas era"

> LangString(8) = "."  ' (string after the word in phrase "The word you was....")
Nothing here I guess

> LangString(9) = "* Play again *"
"* Volver a jugar *"

> LangString(10) = "Select a different language"
"Escoger un idioma diferente"

> LangString(11) = "Congratulations, you figured out the correct word! :-)"
"¡Felicidades, descubriste la palabra! :-)"

And remember Spanish has the letter Ñ if you decide to implement it :D

--
Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren