[gopher] Re: How was Veronica-2 made

> What should I do about it? I'm running it under freshly updated cygwin
> (updated today).

You could make a bogus /etc/services and /etc/inetd.conf (it just checks
that they exist). I haven't run it under cygwin myself, but that should
satisfy the sanity checks. Alternatively, change

$DEF_SERV = &wherecheck("Verifying /etc/services", "/etc/services", <<"EOF");

$DEF_SERV = 1; $x = <<"EOF";

and do the same for $DEF_INCONF below it, in configure.inetd.

If you've got cygwin, though, you could compile xinetd and use that.

--
----------------------------------- personal: http://www.cameronkaiser.com/ ---
-- California, land of cereal: some fruits, nuts, and a lot of flakes. --------