[gopher] Re: v19.valuehost.ru

> > Does anyone know anything about this host? They've been crawling pretty
> > much non-stop, but there's no gopher server on that box and in fact not
> > much of anything.
>
> Not much.  Had the same problem with this guy(?).  Ended up packet
> filtering him out.  Shortly after that another host (I'd have to check my
> logs to tell you who) started the same behavior, basically vaccuming the
> entire site every other day.  After a week or so I pfed them too.
>
> If you google the valuehost guy you'll find some old chat and mailing list
> posts but not much really useful.  An inquiry to whoever runs valuehost.ru
> got no response.

valuehost is, I think, just a Russian hosting reseller. Nevertheless I can't
see much good coming from there, so I'm going to temporarily block this one
and see what happens.

> PS. Simple Machines is not dead, just sleeping.  I'll try waking it
> next week.  And it'll likely have a hardware "upgrade": SS 1+ =>
> PC AT board w/ AMD K6-2 running at 200MHz + 64MB RAM. :)

Awww. What's wrong with the SS1, other than being slow as dirt? :)

I have a Solbourne S4100/DX here that I need to get working. The problem
is that OS/MP is buggy as hell and it had a tendency to crash to the ROM>
monitor about once a week. I don't *think* it's hardware, both of the DXes
I've owned were that flaky.

--
--------------------------------- personal: http://www.armory.com/~spectre/ ---
-- "97% of readers say surveys are rubbish" -- The Register -------------------