[gopher] Re: Active ?

On Sun, Aug 13, 2006 at 10:48:12PM +0200, Stegozor wrote:
> John Burnett wrote:
>
> > I am just checking to see if this list is active.
>
> It is. There has not been much action this month, though. Have a look at

Thanks for the link, nice format.
I was reading some of the old messages and saw a discussion but
no resolution on a problem that I am having.
When I go to a site I get mixed messages on unreachable links,
one is pretty instantaneous telling me that the site is not
available, the second hangs the gopher program for 2-3 minutes
before telling me that it cannot connect to the host. I can then
press enter and return to the menu, prior to this I can't seem to
cancel the request without shutting down my gopher program, ie
ctrl-c. I can suspend the program with ctrl-z and kill it with
ctrl-\.

I am running gopher 3.0.13 on the Debian testing-unstable distribution

Thanks,
John Burnett