[gopher] Re: basic newb info

> a gopher server ( gopher.multijoy.com, not
> much content as yet, but at least it's there))

Rich,

I took a quick look at your gopher tree and there is a lot of good info
there that can become part of any wiki on gopher.  I saw the U of Minn
mother gopher there too.  It breaks my heart to see this link dead, but,
ah, such is life, eh?

> It all seems so much cleaner, to my mind. Might be worth pushing the
> accessibility point? screen readers love it,
> text is easily magnified/contrasted etc.

Can you elaborate on these points a little, please?

> I'm all for a one-stop resource. If you need a hand (proofing,
> editing, whatever), let me know.

Thank you for this offer.  I definitely could use a hand.  My son who
actually maintained the files for the gopher course suffered a hard drive
crash with no backups.  Fortunately, I have hard copy out in my garage, so
I'm going to dig up those moldering pages and start typing them in.  I'll
send them to you as I have them.

In the meantime, I'm going to set up a media wiki for this purpose.  I
found a Dutch guy who will host a media wiki for us for under 100 Euros
per year.

Tom

--
Tom Copley