[gopher] Re: basic newb info

sovietassassin@gmail.com wrote:
> as much info would be appreciated! :)
>
> --jamie
>
> On 8/12/05, Alessandro Selli <dhatarattha@route-add.net> wrote:
>
>>sovietassassin@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>i decided to use pygopherd becaue it was a debian package and would
>>>make it that much easier to update with security updates.
>>>
>>>could i get some guides or some information on how to layout my gopher
>>>system, or files rather. the daemon is up n running and workin just
>>>fine but with regards to files there are alot that are like .menu or
>>>something like that. forgive my ignorance but my memory isnt working
>>>right, but there are alot of things i can do with layouts or
>>>descriptions or something. so any kind of beginner info for laying out
>>>the system would be appreciated :)
>>
>>=20
>>  Looks like noone helped you out on this.
>>Do you still need some guidance?

  All right, I'm going to put down a short document about how to
get started on setting up a gopher server.  Right now I'm in the
midst of a major update on an experimental server where I'm going
to install Pygopherd on (gopher://route-add.net runs on Bucktooth),
and I'm also going to see if and how gopher "moles" work (I read
they are the equivalent of CGI scripts for web servers).  Then,
maybe even today, I'll send a first draft with a basic gopher
setup.

--
Alessandro Selli
Tel: 340.839.73.05