[gopher] Re: Status?

> I'm having some problems implementing some things though.  For
> example, due to DNS weirdness in my neck of the woods, I have times
> where if I try to resolve "gopher.quux.org", it will take 3 minutes
> and then fail.  Obviously I want a way to interrupt gethostbyname, but
> according to python folk that I've talked to, there isn't a clean way

I would *highly* recommend adns (there is a python adns module, BTW).
Completely asynchronous and very stable. I've used it for a number of
projects and am each time "surprised" that it does what it is supposed
to do without difficulty. "It just works".

--
"We all enter this world in the same way: naked; screaming; soaked in
blood. But if you live your life right, that kind of thing doesn't have

Jon Nelson
jnelson@boa.org