[gopher] Security problems in gopherd (Was Security alert)

John and others -

There is also still the remaining issue of several uses of the
tempnam() call in gopherd.c.  I've been aware of them and meaning to
fix them for a while, but they seem to store the name of the temp file
in a global called ASKfile.  When I was looking at it, I wasn't able
to determine at the time what other dire consequences I'd cause if I
changed to a different call where the tempfilename wasn't stored in
ASKfile, so I haven't changed it yet.

It seems though that in some places particularly for ASK data, that
the daemon stores the response in a temporary file and then lets other
areas of the code reopen and read that.  (Hence the need for the temp
filename I think)  mkstemp looks like a possible replacement since
there's a way to get the temp filename out of it.

--
David Allen
http://opop.nols.com/