Re: Fwd: "NotAutomatic: yes" does not affect source packages

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 05:22:44PM +0200, Christof Warlich wrote:
> # apt-get source --download-only -t bullseye e2fsprogs
>
> But while this works in this particular case, I assume it would fail
> when the most recent package (apart from the one in the
> bullseye-backports suite) would be located in either the
> bullseye-updates or the bullseye-security suite: I would still only
> download the version from the bullseye suite.

I know that you ask for something different, but I don't think it is
currently possible, so general advice as a "workaround":

You can list the available versions (of the binary package) with e.g.
`apt-get policy awesome` and pick a version you like. You can then
call `apt-get source awesome=version` e.g. `apt-get source
awesome=4.3-7` and so get the source for your specified version.

I wanted to tell you that some shorthands exist, but while trying them
out I noticed that they for some reason don't work correctly in source
at the moment, while they exist for a while in other commands.
We might fix that in the future, but for now I will just leave a
memo for myself: awesome/now.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies