Any way to automate an origin change?

Hi Folks,

As a novice APT and reprepro user, I originally used a URL as an Origin for in-house repositories, which became problematic once we tried to add those origins to unattended-upgrades.

So I figured out how to change the origin via reprepro and got the new distribution data published, but then discovered that on the whole fleet we’d need to manually / explicitly accept the origin change:

                N: This must be accepted explicitly before updates for this repository can be applied. See apt-secure(8) manpage for details.

The only way I’ve found to deal with this is to delete the old repository data files from /var/lib/apt/lists/, but that feels a bit clunky.  Both --assume-yes and the dreaded/deprecated --force-yes fail to overcome the explicit prompt to approve the origin change.  Technically I can automate this change by using Ansible to blow away the old repo files but I’m hoping for a solution within the apt/apt-get suite so that the automation is a bit cleaner.

Any ideas?

--

Kodiak Firesmith