Apt Changelog

Hello.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I am using apt on Raspbian and when I type "apt changelog apt", it fails to show me the changelog of the package. It only works if it is in the package cache in /var/cache/apt/archives.

However it does work on actual Debian (eg it will download changelog from http://metadata.ftp-master.debian.org).

I am guessing that this behaviour is hardcoded - maybe apt could inspect /etc/os-release and pick an appropriate action based popular distros.

I wish to file a bug report but I am uncertain how to do this. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Many Thanks.

JFM.