Apt Debian Package Hangs on Installation

The latest Debian package, "apt_1.8.2.1_armhf.deb," hangs on installation - usually around the post-install script. I can get the latest apt to work by manually extracting the files from the Debian archive and copying them to their respective destinations. I even used the [manually installed] program to successfully upgrade all other outdated packages. However, `apt install --reinstall apt`, `apt install --upgrade-only apt`, and `dpkg -i ./apt_1.8.2.1_armhf.deb` all hang on installation. My latest installation attempt halted right after enabling 'apt-daily.timer'.

My system specs:
- ARMv7 Debian (arm-linux-gnueabihf)
- Linux kernel v4.9.37
- Systemd v241-7~deb10u4