APT - method - message 400

Hello,

I'm implementing custom Method which has *very* high chance of failure
during data retrieval - it is supposed to work on our devices which
frequently lost network connection (no network for 80-90% of the time
when device is running). I'm trying to figure out how my Method should
proceed in case such failure occurs - should I simply send Message 400
to apt? The following passage:

     400 URI Failure
          Indicates a fatal URI failure. The URI is not retrievable from
          this source. As with *201 URI Done* *200 URI Start* is not
          required to preceed this message Fields: URI, Message

seems to suggest that this is permanent failure and apt won't retry
this particular source + package pair. Is that correct? Or is this
more of a transitional failure and I can simply send it and retry
later?

I'm thinking of setting up a service that would automatically upgrade
all available packages. If Message 400 is transitional  then it is all
good - even if package can't be retrieved right away, it will be
downloaded when connection can be made (they are scheduled and
downloaded by yet another service), and packages will be installed
during next activation, but if it is permanent and to make things
worst information reg. inability to download particular file from
particular source is stored permanently, then this certainly will not
work.

And one more question, how should I proceed if Message 400 indicates
permanent failure and retrieval won't be attempted from same source
again?

Thanks in advance,

--
Jędrzej Dudkiewicz

I really hate this damn machine, I wish that they would sell it.
It never does just what I want, but only what I tell it.