Re: Is the output of 'apt-get install --simulate' stable?

On Tue, Oct 22, 2019 at 04:35:54PM -0700, John Gallagher wrote:
> Is the output of  'apt-get install --simulate' stable? If not, is
> there another way to accomplish this?

I guess at the very least the 'Inst' part is stable enough & I wouldn't
break that needlessly, but I also don't really want to call that
a truly stable part of the API… after all, it is mainly debug output.

The other ways would be e.g. using python-apt (or libapt) to do
whatever you want in code and get access to the data directly rather
than trying to extract them after the fact.

That highly depends on what is your goal though…

Best regards

David Kalnischkies