Re: apt-pinning information

Hi,

On 2018-01-10 23:11:07 +0900, Osamu Aoki wrote:
>  do you still think your statement:
>
> This is incorrect, as not compatible with multiarch. The following
> should be used for the Package line:
>
> |       Package: *:any
> |
> | As far as I see the discussion referenced:
> |    https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=881047#10
>
> There is "this matches the documented behavior".

With the use of a ":". What is said is that:

    As a special exception to the architecture wildcard rules, apt
    also accepts * in place of any, so you can write:

	/libfreetype6/:linux-*
	/libfreetype6/:*

    And this matches the documented behavior: [...]"

i.e. if you want to match all packages of any architecture, *:* is
OK just like *:any, but * alone is not.

> At least as I see apt-doc, it is still having apt line like mine.

The apt documentation has still not been fixed.

> So where is this documentation referenced.
>
> Also, does this match arch all package?

The issue is that there is currently no mention of multiarch at all in
the apt_preferences(5) man page. I've added the APT Development Team
to Cc.

https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=881047#10 says:

    As a special exception to the architecture wildcard rules, apt
    also accepts * in place of any

So, I suppose that this is equivalent here, but still not documented
in the apt_preferences(5) man page.