Re: marked_delete and "apt-mark remove"

On 21/09/17 05:03 AM, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
On Mi., 20. Sep. 2017, 23:03 Jack Bates <2g567n@nottheoilrig.com
<mailto:2g567n@nottheoilrig.com>> wrote:

    Where does the StateCache::Delete() i.e. StateCache::Mode data get read
    from?

    I'm trying to debug a problem with the Python marked_delete property --
    I expect it to be True after "apt-mark remove", but if I run:

Selections are ignored by apt, except for dselect-upgrade. Markings in
the depcache are a runtime only state.

Ahh -- thank you for clarifying.

What's the *right* way to get the persistent value? The first thing that comes to mind is grepping /var/lib/dpkg/status directly:

filename = '/var/lib/dpkg/status'
contents = open(filename).read()
contents = contents.rstrip()
entries = contents.split('\n\n')
status = dict(
    zip((next(line[len('Package: '):] for line in entry.splitlines()
              if line.startswith('Package: ')) for entry in entries), (next(
                  line[len('Status: '):] for line in entry.splitlines()
                  if line.startswith('Status: ')) for entry in entries)))