Mismatch between documentation and reality: Valid-Until

Hi,

dak and https://wiki.debian.org/RepositoryFormat seem to disagree on the definition of the Valid-Until field. dak writes "UTC" as the timezone into the Release file, where the repository format references policy 4.4 but states that it has to be always in UTC. The example given hence states "+0000" as the timezone, which is the only timezone specification allowed in the trailer of changelog entries. apt pipes it through a function that allows more timezones (RFC1123StrToTime), specifically GMT/UTC/Z are hardcoded in it. Is there a particular reason why we need to allow this if +0000 denotes the same value? Could we at least document the field properly? ;-)

I'll also note that policy is slightly ambiguous on how the date is supposed to be specified: "dd is a one- or two-digit day of the month (01-31)" -- This reads to me as if zero padding is required according to the example but not according to the text.

Kind regards and thanks
Philipp Kern