Should apt-transport-https be Priority: Important ? (Asking to APT maintainers)

Dear APT maintainers,

while discussing the package contents of Debian cloud instances, the question
arose if it would make sense to install apt-https-transport on most Debian
systems, by setting its priority to "Important".

What do you think about this ?

I pasted below a summary of the discussion that happened on the debian-cloud
mailing list.  If there are inacccuracies or if you know other pros or cons, I
would be very glad to hear them in any case.

Have a nice day,

Charles

--
Charles Plessy