Re: How odd... The sizes didn't match, email apt@packages.debian.org

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 03:19:15PM +0100, Sebastian Bachmann wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I tried to upgrade my laptop and got this:
>
> 909 upgraded, 31 newly installed, 35 to remove and 38 not upgraded.
> 18446744072286051758,2871467438
> How odd... The sizes didn't match, email apt@packages.debian.org
> Need to get 18.4 EB of archives.
> After this operation, 166 MB disk space will be freed.
> E: You don't have enough free space in /var/cache/apt/archives/.

Let me guess: You are still running APT < 1.1.4 for some
unknown reasons? (that is, the libapt-pkg5.0). Please
upgrade them first using
	apt install libapt-pkg5.0

BTW, this is the third email about this, despite the bug only being
in unstable from 26 Nov until 07 Dec 2015. Not upgrading unstable
for over a month seems highly adventurous (and dangerous) to me,
why are you guys doing that?

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.