Re: MBF: (Incorrect) use of /var/lib/apt/lists/

Hi,

Quoting Ralf Treinen (2016-01-13 08:11:40)
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 05:25:40PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
>
> > the following packages contain lines matching the
> > expression:
> >       /var/lib/apt/lists/.*(Packages|Sources)
> >
> > Those files may be compressed by any compressor
> > supported by APT and just hardcoding them is
> > wrong.
>
> [...]
>
> > Debian OCaml Maintainers <debian-ocaml-maint@lists.debian.org>
> >    coinst
> >    dh-ocaml
> >    dose3
>
> These are false positives: in case of coinst and dose3, the pattern occurs
> only in documentation showing examples of using these tools.

I'd argue that'd still be a minor bug because teaching users in the
documentation to use files in /var/apt/lists directly will just continue to
encourage people to do this instead of using the now existing apt interfaces.

The right way to access these files will see much more wide spread use if
documentation is updated to use it as well.

Thanks!

cheers, josch