Re: Mergeback of apt-transport-tor into apt?

On Thu, Aug 04, 2016 at 06:08:26PM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> So, assuming we can agree on that this is in general a good idea, this
> would leave apt-transport-tor relatively empty (expect three symlinks,
> a depends on apt and a recommends on -https & tor) but perhaps this
> frees resources for a-t-t to gain an option to turn all sources into
> tor+http(s) [with debconf] or even .onion addresses, additional
> documentation… instead of diverting energy into maintaining an -https
> fork.

I'd prefer shipping the symlinks in apt itself, so it can be easily
used with an external tor proxy by just setting Acquire::tor::Proxy.

apt-transport-tor also depends on tor ...

I'm not sure we need the (then) meta package at all, it would just
be a dependency on tor in the end.

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.