Re: does apt update also update 'command-not-found' and the newest 'apt-file' update as well ?

On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 10:45:41AM +0000, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> On 12/12/2015, Julian Andres Klode <jak@jak-linux.org> wrote:
> > On 12 December 2015 at 11:27, shirish शिरीष <shirishag75@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> I today upgraded to the newest apt 1.1.4 as well as took the
> >> opportunity to explore the newest apt-file ((3.0) as well as see the
> >> command-not-found update cache.
> >>
> >> It seems you either run " $ sudo update-command-not-found" or "sudo
> >> apt update" or "sudo apt-file update" all of them do the same thing,
> >> they update the package repos using apt although "sudo
> >> update-command-not-found" or "sudo apt update" the output is same,
> >> updates the apt database.
> >
> > In fact update-command-not-found does not work at all with apt-file 3.0,
> > this
> > needs to be changed. I just reported me a bug for that.
> >
> > --
> > Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member
> >
> > See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.
> >

> Could you share the link of the bug please.

See https://bugs.debian.org/807745

I'd expect I'll add a post-update hook to apt which then runs
update-command-not-found -n after I fixed update-command-not-found
to find the files from the APT lists directory.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

When replying, only quote what is necessary, and write each reply
directly below the part(s) it pertains to (`inline'). Thank you.