Re: please do not remove non-Release-file repos (was Re: Moo! 9th preview of APT 1.1 released: Go and test new supercow powers)

On Sun, Sep 06, 2015 at 10:48:07AM +0200, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 05, 2015 at 09:21:47PM +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> > The apt resolver in sbuild, and the one designed after it
> > for pbuilder (yet to be merged, unfortunately; I’d prefer
> > a lot to get rid of aptitude in build chroots), use this
> > very same feature and construct, including copying the
> > Packages file and calling only apt-cache gencaches, for
> > the installation of a pseudo package containing the build
> > dependencies. This can probably be done with apt install
> > on the .deb, or even apt-get build-dep on the .dsc, but
> > I like tools that can operate on all versions (I have
> > cowbuilder chroots down to sarge).

Just for the reference, no, the APT solver in sbuild generates
a *signed* repository and then runs apt-get update, with
precisely the trick I mentioned in my other email.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.

Be friendly, do not top-post, and follow RFC 1855 "Netiquette".
    - If you don't I might ignore you.