Re: More trigger cycles

On 2015-02-20 17:42, Guillem Jover wrote:
> Hi!
>
> On Wed, 2015-02-18 at 19:00:23 +0100, Niels Thykier wrote:
> [...]
>> @dpkg maintainers: Please make the necessary changes to revert the
>> trigger cycle error or have dpkg recover from it automatically
>> immediately without aborting the upgrade.
>
> Sure, I've now disabled the dependency checks and will proceed with a
> full test suite run, will update the pre-approval request later today.

Thanks.

> From my part, sorry for the trouble, I guess I didn't anticipate the
> archive would be in such a bad state regarding the trigger cycles. :/
>
> Thanks,
> Guillem

I admit I would (also?) have preferred that we did not depend on a
missing error check in dpkg.  If the automatic check on jenkins.d.n is
extended early in the stretch cycle, I suspect we have a pretty good
chance at getting most of them done.
  My major concern right now is that we are still blind to the actual
number of remaining issues.  We only learn of them by getting occasional
"upgrade is broken" reports - this way, we are never really sure when we
have fixed the last one.

Thanks,
~Niels