Has wheezy support been dropped?

For about 1 month now, apt-get update gets NODATA errors on verifying
the Release file from ftp.ca.debian.org and security.debian.org for
wheezy.  Both computers running oldstable on AMD64 processors, one
running a 32 bit OS and userspace and the other is 64 bit.

Today, I downloaded the source for apt from stable, and manually
updated many packages in order to compile the source.  Running this new
apt-get (on the 32 bit machine)

  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=./bin:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./bin/apt-get update

I still get NODATA errors on ftp.ca.debian.org.

Then, on the 64 bit machine, I changed 'wheezy' to 'jessie' for all
occurences in source.list, and re-ran apt-get.  No problems at all.  It
downloaded everything, and no errors came up.

Looking through news releases at Google News, I don't see anything at
all about support for wheezy being dropped.

What's happening?

Gord