Re: apt-get libsolv

Heya, and thanks David for the Cc,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 09:20:28PM +0200, David Kalnischkies wrote:
> You can use any¹ APT tool already with any² solver you might like.

*nod*

> > I would appreciate the thoughts of someone who knows something about this.
>
> I have cc'ed Stefano in case he wants to chirp in on EDSP some more. You
> can also look up CUDF on http://www.mancoosi.org/cudf/ for more on this
> topic. I am not following "the other side" of the package universe as
> close as I would like to, so I am not sure if there is some support
> there, but I at least haven't seen it.

David and Julian have already given you all relevant pointers, but I'll
be happy to provide more guidance about specific issues with CUDF / EDSP
if needed.

It seems to me that if you want to play with the idea of plugging
libsolv into APT, the most natural next step for you is to write some
glue code that accepts EDSP data coming from APT, pipes it to libsolv
for doing the actual solving, and talks back EDSP to APT to inform the
package manager of the found solution.  You can have a look at the
Debian package "apt-cudf" for how to do the integration and at all
packages who "Provides: cudf-solver" for examples.

HTH,
Cheers.
Former Debian Project Leader  . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .