Re: apt-get update hashsum mismatch prevent

On Mon, May 26, 2014 at 10:02:25PM +0200, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 13588 March 1977, Michael Vogt wrote:
>
> Only a short reply now, I do more on Thursday with some time behind me,
> just two quick notes right now.

Thanks for your feedback so far! Any further thoughts or objections?
I'm keen to hack on this but I also (obviously) don't want to waste
time to implement something that the ftpmaster team disapproves.

> > - apt-ftparchive adds the flag and keeps the N generations around
> >   and generates the links (and may write out a index
>
> We don't use apt-ftparchive anymore. It may still want to support it,
> for everyone else using it, but for us with dak its an own python script
> that's responsible (generate_packages_sources2).

Yeah, I am aware of this but it seems like we stil want to support it
in apt-ftparchive for those smaller setups who use it instead of
dak. I had a quick look at the dak code and it seems like its
relatively straightforward to implement (but I may miss the thorny
details :)

> > Proposed solution for (g2):
> > - the mirror script mirrors everything except InRelease,Release{.gpg,}
> > - InRelease,Release{.gpg,} is mirrored
>
> Mirrorscript changes for this are easy to get in.

Great!

Cheers,
 Michael