apt-choices

Hi,

Attached is a script called apt-choices that I use to manage the list of packages that I have chose to install on my systems.

The idea is to find the minimal set of packages that should be installed explicitly to get all other packages in the system installed. To generate this list, run the script with no options.

To save this list to the file /etc/apt/choices, use 'sudo apt-choices -s'

Then, subsequent runs of apt-choices would show what changed since you last saved your choices.

Further options are showed using 'apt-choices -h'. Details on the algorithm are shown using 'apt-choices -H' or just read the code.

I hope you find this script useful. Any comments about it would be appreciated.

Udi