Re: 'apt' irresponsible/old string methods

FWIW, we have this bug in aptitude about similar issues:

Probably all instances of 'sprintf' in apt (and aptitude, and ...) should be
converted at the very least to snprintf, and ideally to better methods like
std::to_string() in C++11 (now that GCC-4.9 is available):

 http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/string/basic_string/to_string

I do not know if doing this during the freeze will mess things up, though,
unless there are separate branches and the merges afterwards will proceed
without conflicts.

Cheers.
--
Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo <manuel.montezelo@gmail.com>