RC:bug:debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Newt

Sir as I am facing the problem with one wheezy system(broken) I have installed again another wheezy on another harddisk in order to get help from you and make any changes to the filesystem.

The problem I am facing is whenever I try to install or remove a package everything is performed well except post installation

Suppose I try to install a package foo I am describing what's going on
apt-get install foo
retrieving bug information failed do you want to retry(y/n): n
do you want to install the above packages(y/n):y
reading database
preparing to configure foo
unpacking foo from ....
setting up foo
unable to initialize debconf frontend: Newt
can't find ....
many errors encountered while performing installation and dpkg exited unexpectedly.

Even I have tried to reconfigure debconf and the output is
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Newt
debconf: (Can't locate Debconf/FrontEnd/Newt.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 26) line 2.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Noninteractive

I will explain the process by using another instance I have tried to reinstall gdm3 package and the output is
reading database
preparing to configure gdm3
unpacking gdm3 from ....
setting up gdm3
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Newt
debconf: (Can't locate Debconf/FrontEnd/Newt.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /etc/perl /usr/local/lib/perl/5.14.2 /usr/local/share/perl/5.14.2 /usr/lib/perl5 /usr/share/perl5 /usr/lib/perl/5.14 /usr/share/perl/5.14 /usr/local/lib/site_perl .) at (eval 26) line 2.)
debconf: falling back to frontend: Noninteractive
restarting gdm3
then # prompt appears.

previously also same thing happened so this time I have locked the package libnewt0.52 in synaptic but unfortunately it was installed while installing other package.

Regards,
Rupesh.