Re: failed amd64 build of pyside 1.1.2-2

Le jeudi, 13 juin 2013 19.52:30, Kurt Roeckx a écrit :
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 08:36:59AM +0200, Didier 'OdyX' Raboud wrote:
> > PySide apparently "fails to build" in it's 1.1.2-2 version:
> >
> > That's weird, because the build succeeds here in sbuild, but I have to
> > use the aptitude build-dep resolver.
>
> It's using the apt resolver, not the aptitude resolver.

Yeah, noticed that.

> I'm not really sure why it doesn't work.non

It seems to me that this is due to build-depending on both phonon-backend-
gstreamer and libphonon-dev. The latter depends on "phonon-backend-null |
phonon", so apt-get pulls phonon-backend-null, which conflicts with the
gstreamer alternative, which is needed to get the tests run through.

Running with aptitude shows that the set of build-depends is valid and can be
installed together on top of a minimal chroot, so I think apt's behaviour is
at fault here, no? CCing the APT maintainers.

Cheers,

OdyX