Re: Unable to compile aptitude from git

Hi,

On Wed, Oct 30, 2013 at 3:26 PM,  <berenger.morel@neutralite.org> wrote:
> PS: I have not found any list of dependencies for aptitude, so maybe I lack
> a dependency which causes that error.

As for every other package, ensure that you have a deb-src line in your
sources.list matching the deb line the package is coming from and execute:

apt-get build-dep aptitude

It should install all needed packages to build the package from source.
If not this is a serious bug you should report against the package!

Note that then I say source here I mean what is downloaded by:

apt-get source aptitude

If you get the source e.g. from a version control system in an unreleased
version it might require additional or just different dependencies
(but this will not happen that often in practice).

As this is a aptitude specific question I would suggest following up on
aptitude-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org as they can probably help better
with more specific problems than deity@ can.

Best regards

David Kalnischkies