Re: Debian installer build: failed or old builds

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM, Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> wrote:
> Does this change seem odd to you too?  I wondered if it could be causing
> recent failures of APT to download required debs for d-i builds:

Looking at: http://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/amd64/daily/build_cdrom_isolinux.log
The only think I can see is that APT completes successfully and
whatever comes after that can't find cdebconf-newt-terminal even
though in the output of APT it is seen that it was downloaded.
(But I know next to nothing about those builds, so I could be wrong)

So can you refer to an other example showing your issue?

> On 11/09/13 21:42, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>> I notice within a 'fix cppcheck warnings' commit something alarming that
>> looks like it would cause a functional change.
>>
>> http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=apt/apt.git;a=commitdiff;h=69c2ecbdc937e3c73fe67d3c9bce12a80d3ec7ec#patch2
>> If that is some kind of iterator won't it now skip over the first
>> element?  Otherwise how did it ever work before?

Did you recognize the first ; ?
The value returned by the post-increase isn't stored or
used for anything, so we can equally well use the pre-increment
(as suggested by cppcheck), right?

Best regards

David Kalnischkies